In this following post, I will be exploring what my biggest motivators are, my interests, my personality, my personal career plan and my key work drives, personality and professional development for ZAA102 Assessment 1 Part 2
What are key motivators for you in terms of work?
In terms of work, my main motivator is doing anything that I enjoy and am happy with. Earning money is a nice add-on, however, if I am in a high-income earning career and do not enjoy what I do then I will not be motivated to continue on.
What do you find the most rewarding in the workplace?
I work in hospitality, so for me personally the most rewarding moment of my job is making a customer happy, seeing a smile on their face because of me. That could either be making a joke or tell them I like their jumper or jewellery or even just asking how they are, it still amazes me when I ask a simple question to a customer it can change their whole day for the better and that to me is very rewarding. Along with this I also find customers who go out of their way to be nice to me or ask how I am doing – this too is also rewarding when a customer can go out of their way to do something so simple and kind.
I underwent an online test/quiz that gave me the results below based off of my interests and likes.
I found the top result interesting, as in Year Ten (10) I did five (5) days at my Primary School for work experience as a teaching assistant. I found the experience overwhelming and did not enjoy it. This could have been because I was naive at the time but now seeing that it is a career best suited to my interests I can see the idea of teaching from a different sense of mind. And the education and training does not necessarily mean that I have to be a teacher but it could stem to being a team leader in the workplace or educating people on my beliefs.
Here is a link the test/quiz
In a previous blog post, I had investigated my personal Myers – Briggs scoring. I did two (2) different tests and received two (2) different results. The first test I received the following score:
In the second test, I received this score:
I noted that they are different results and that I can relate to both results. It also depends on what situation I am in, where I am, and who I am with as to how my personality can be portrayed.
- Work: Food and Beverage attendant at a hotel restaurant (casual)
- School: undergraduate, full-time student at University College
- Family: eldest child, a big sister to two (2) little sisters. (a sense of leadership)
- Senior team member at Sweets and Treats (casual)
Educational Qualifications and General Qualifications
- Tasmanian Certificate of Education
- Certificate II in Tourism
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- First Aid Certificate
Myer’s Briggs Typology
Employability Skills (Strengths)
- Good Listener
Professional Competencies (Strengths)
- Customer Service
- Problem – Solving
- Team member and leader
- Decision making
Employability Skills (To develop)
- High level of experience
- Better oral communication (developing now)
- Further IT knowledge
- Relationship building with those of a different age group to me
Professional Competencies (To develop)
- Change management
- Legal knowledge
- Workforce planning
- Negotiating skills
University Study Skills (To develop)
- Better written communication
- Public speaking (i.e the ability to say exactly what I need to without ‘rambling’)
- Prioritising assignments and module work
Educational and Career Goals (To Prioritise)
- Starting MyLo modules earlier and more in-depth
- Putting more concentration into unit assignments
- Make more valuable relationships with those who are older and who have authority
Key Motivators at Work
- Ensuring that consumers enjoy their time with the business
- Having valuable relationships with those I work with – other staff my level and managers
- Working in a sector that I enjoy and learning new skills
Most Rewarding Aspects at Work
My personal ‘most’ rewarding aspects would also be those aspects that motivate me at work.
Key Interests (or Passions)
- Tourism and Travel
- People – meeting different people
Linked is my Student Learning Plan (SLP): Student Learning Plan – Ebony Taylor